What do I need for Taxes?

What Documents do I need to prepare For taxes?

What Documents Should I Provide For My Personal Taxes?

Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.  Once we get you setup in our portal, this question will answer itself.  But, in the meantime, here are some examples of documents we’re going to need (if applicable).

Business Planning & Setup

  • W-2s
  • 1099s
  • Gambling Income (W2-G)
  • Jury duty pay or unemployment compensation
  • Alimony received
  • Social Security statement (1099-SSA)
  • Dividend and interest statements (1099-DIV and 1099-INT)
  • Retirement distributions (1099-R)
  • Brokerage statements (1099-B), along with statements showing when investments were bought and sold
  • K-1 statements reporting profits from partnerships, trusts, and small businesses
  • Record of income and expenses for rental properties
  • Record of income and expenses for self-employment

Other tax documents:

  • HUD-1 Escrow statement for property bought or sold
  • Summary of moving expenses
  • Summary of educational expenses (college tuition)  
  • Summary of child care, day care, or adult day care expenses, including the recipient’s name, tax ID number and address
  • IRA contributions (traditional, SEP, or rollovers)
  • Student loan interest paid (1098-E 

Tax deduction documents:

  • Health care expenses (doctors, dentists, health insurance, eye care, medicine)
  • Real estate taxes
  • Motor vehicle registration
  • Mortgage interest paid (1098)
  • Gifts to charity  
  • Last year’s tax preparation fees
  • Job-related expenses (union dues, job education, uniforms)
  • Loss of property due to casualty or theft
  • Gambling losses
  • Alimony paid, as well as the recipient’s social security number  

Let us help you!